Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Google...I had no idea!!

Aaaggh!!  It's going to be a bad day today.  I overslept and China and Greece took overnight markets for a tumble.   It's going to be a tough day at the office.  Thankfully those who follow my blog know these risks are out there.  

Had a nice dinner with my friend K yesterday who told me 'I don't care that much about markets.  I prefer investing in companies!!'  ME TOO!!  But unfortunately I can't blog too much about companies because of my job.  But you and your Harvard MBA can!   :)    

That said, I will disclose companies/sectors I'm watching.   Confession here..I've kind of been living under a rock.  Thus far my tech knowledge has happily started/ended with Facebook and Apple.  Meanwhile I guess Google has been (not so quietly) making its move into social media.   Although nobody has invited me to google+ so I feel pretty unpopular.  However, have to say this commercial that was forwarded to me yesterday was pretty sweet and made me realize Google wants to be more than a search engine.  I'll be doing some homework on this company.  Sorry if you find the commercial cheesy or sentimental but it's not going to be a nice day today so I needed something uplifting.   

No comments:

Post a Comment