Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Food fantasy gone viral...

Sorry to keep gushing about Tokyo but it was just such a remarkable trip.  Actually have to do a little plug for my man Yasuda-san here.  For any American sushi followers, Naomichi Yasuda should need no introduction.  For those who don't know about him, here's a clip from Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations (Incidentally I'm Bourdain obsessed).  


Yasuda-san has recently relocated from New York to Tokyo with the explicit goal of perfecting his craft.  I already found him flawless so I'm excited/inspired by his search for sushi nirvana.  Accordingly, we made it a very high priority 'to do' on our Tokyo list.   So happy we did as my brother and I were lucky enough to be the only two diners at Sushi Bar Yasuda last Saturday night (How amazing!).  The meal was exquisite!  His tiny restaurant is by reservation only and his preparation is bespoke.  Fits with Yasuda-san's plan for his Tokyo sojourn:  quiet/ low-key and personal.  That said, the modest/often sentimental Yasuda-san did mention he misses his NY regulars (mentioning Anthony Bourdain) very much and worried many could not locate him.  Accordingly, my brother tweeted Bourdain that Yasuda-san is hard at work in Tokyo and sends his regards.  Bourdain in turn re-tweeted that to his 800,000 followers (I bet most of them are women!) and David Chang again re-tweeted to his 30,000 fans as well!  How cool!  My brother's tweet went viral in minutes and he was acknowledged by Anthony Bourdain!  More importantly, we successfully reconnected Bourdain and Yasuda-san. Social Media is truly remarkable!     


Speaking of followers and fans, let's talk about US Real Estate.  Remember when US Real Estate was economic ground zero?  Jeez - what a difference 4 years can make?  US real estate is a 'Hot' investment again.  Note even AIG who needed a bail-out in 2008 wants back in the mortgage market.  It's all pretty encouraging but hope everyone's being prudent.  Certainly don't want to repeat the mistakes of the past.  

1 comment:

  1. Darn! I just told Mark that I wasn't too keen on following him on his Tokyo trip to the Nomura conf next week and now I'm craving sushi!!!

    ReplyDelete