Tuesday, September 25, 2012

No more Banker Bashing!

I was sick today but still had to head into town to pick up some medicines.  While there (and looking horrible), I ran into a lot of people who were concerned as to why I wasn't at work.  You see, banking has had a brutal year of job cuts and it's probably not over.  Very sobering, I know.  Thankfully, I am definitely a glass half-full type person so I'm staying optimistic.  Recently I've found myself running into lots of former bankers doing very cool things: Restaurants, websites, retail, education, social media, you name it!  

So when your discouraged banker friends get a bit suicidal, remind them: 'You're good enough, You're smart enough and god damnit, people like you'.  Even if it means you'll need to give up the Mercedes.     

No comments:

Post a Comment