Friday, July 20, 2012

Americans Abroad

Yes!!!  Just received confirmation of an upgrade for my flight to Europe tonight.  Can't wait!!  Although, it will be interesting to see the mood in Europe.  Incidentally, what's the mood like in the US?  Recent jobs data and the Obama/Romney mud slinging campaign had me worried that the economy is slipping fast.  But, then, US markets are faring very well with the S&P Index trading near 3 year highs.  Note to self: Good conversation piece for the  'fanny-pack sporting' American tourist clad in 'white socks with sandals'.  You know the type - Super friendly and harmless, albeit a little loud.  On my last trip to Paris, a very nice but clearly overwhelmed tourist, (with a very poorly downloaded American translation of a Paris city map) asked me how to get to the Avenue of the Champs!

See you when I get back!!        

No comments:

Post a Comment