Tuesday, August 28, 2012

I want to go to Jackson Hole!

The Fed's Annual Symposium kicks off in Jackson Hole, Wyoming this week.  Incidentally, have you been to Jackson Hole?  I've never been there but it's definitely on my list of places to ski.  Actually, do you notice how many of the serious high-brow conferences take place in cool ski destinations?  I suppose the Sundance Film Festival in Park City comes to mind first but it extends beyond Hollywood.  There is the World Economic Forum in Davos; Allen & Co Sun Valley Conference and now the Fed's Annual Symposium in Jackson Hole.  All supposed to be stunning locations with lots of outdoor activities and very accommodating airports (a requisite given they'll be handling fleets of private jets).

Anyway, I hope everyone got a nice little nap on their ride over because I hear there is actually a lot of work done at these conferences.  I also imagine a fair amount of 'play' but will suspend my skepticism.  Getting back on track - The Fed's Annual Symposium kicks off this week in Jackson Hole.  It's a highly anticipated event as Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke will speak and there's huge debate around  the likelihood of further US stimulus.  Until then, markets are kind of wait and see.  Just wish I was waiting/seeing in the picturesque landscape of Jackson Hole!

No comments:

Post a Comment