Monday, August 13, 2012

Olympic 2012 Wrap-Up

Sadly the Olympics have come and gone.  Actually while I'm disappointed it's over, I'm kind of relieved I don't have to hear any more of Bolt's annoying boasting.  Yes, he's an amazing athlete!  But a little grace and modesty (even if it's fake) would go a long way.  We're certainly not seeing Michael Phelps brag shamelessly.  On that note, what a great year to be an American!!  Kudos to our Olympians (particularly women) on an outrageous performance.  Likewise, a serious Congratulations to our cousins across the pond - Great Britain!  Frankly, having seen the 2008 Olympics, I  had worried it might be impossible for anyone to come close to the show staged in Beijing.  But, the Brits pulled it off.  They staged an original, tasteful, memorable event and won a ton of Gold medals along the way.

Incidentally, the 2012 Olympics serves as an apt analogy to current market dynamics.  China's 'dream economy' continues to battle growing (or lack thereof) pains.  Meanwhile the US markets look to be muddling through (despite the negative campaign rhetoric).   In fact, I'd argue there are some genuine signs of a housing recovery emerging in the US.  And, need I mention the thriving London housing market?  Admittedly most of it due to an exodus of of wealthy denizens from the Middle East, Russia and Euro-zone countries.

Let's wrap it up here.  It's a Monday night and I'm finally Olympic-free so I need to catch up on my sleep!          


              

No comments:

Post a Comment