Monday, August 20, 2012

Red White & Bullish

It may be ok to bookmark net-a-porter into your favorites again!!  Are the days of austerity over?   It certainly seems to be the case if you are in the US.  Yes, there the are the doomsday politicians offering harrowing tales of 'fiscal cliffs', however, that doesn't seem to matter right now.  US markets are trading near 4 year highs and US housing seems not only to be recovering, it's flourishing in some cities.      

Great if you're long US real-estate.  Unfortunately, for me, while I've been talking about it ad nauseam, I have not pulled the trigger.  Frustrating as I've been looking to this for some time (see US Housing posts).  While I only have myself to blame, my geography handicapped me a bit as well.  Not only was I too far to concentrate on it, the time zone always works against me.  Moreover, my close proximity to Chinese markets (that are near 2009 year lows) has made it difficult to get overly bullish.

Hmmm..sounds like we should all bookmark some US real-estate websites and hold off on net-a-porter (for now).

No comments:

Post a Comment