Thursday, September 6, 2012

French take Manhattan!

Crunch time to the election and can't come fast enough.  Pretty sick of the political bickering.  Incidentally, while I will vote this year, I have no intention of boring you with any of my own political ideology.  However, I don't think I'm being too controversial when I describe the candidates' wives as very attractive.  Let's list them: Michelle Obama, Jill Biden, Ann Romney, Janna Ryan.  They are all kind of hot and stylish (for the most part).  Without being too disrespectful, compare these leading ladies to the likes of Hillary Clinton, Tipper Gore, Laura Bush, and Lynn Cheney. Indeed the DC wives have come a long way!  And who says Carla Bruni is the only pretty political wife out there?  That sad, I do think Carla still easily takes best-dressed, but that's to be expected given she's French.

Speaking of France, you'll likely see the French exodus continue (I first blogged of this post my European vacation on August 8).  LVMH Chairman Bernard Arnault will meet with French PM Ayrault tomorrow to defend a decision to move 200 executives to New York who want to avoid French taxes.  Being a Francophile, I think that's great for Manhattan!!  And being a US housing bull, also a positive datapoint for NYC housing.  But, I'm not living/owning in NYC, so I hope they're headed over to Hong Kong as well.   
   

No comments:

Post a Comment