Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Wary of Burberry? Try Hermes

Hey, to the Fashion Fool who decided to take my credit card on a Burberry shopping spree (see previous post), the Burberry numbers today were terrible.   Actually I would have expected that!   When was the last time you saw anyone in Burberry?  Anyway no insult to anyone who likes Burberry.  It's just that after my recent credit card debacle, I will continue to be suspicious of anyone sporting plaid tan!  Hope I didn't offend anyone.

Conversely, anyone else struggling to source the Hermes Collier de Chien cuff?  I love it and they are impossible to find.  I'm wait listed in both Paris and HK with my chances looking slim.  Looks like this is the Birkin of cuffs and it's waitlist-only for mere mortals.  Seems the Hermes-hoarding continues while the stock is pulling back?  Hmm...recall my investment thesis?  Invest in companies you like, understand and believe in.  That said, I'm going to start doing my Hermes Homework.    

No comments:

Post a Comment