Monday, October 15, 2012

China's Back (and me too!)

Wow I suck!!  Has it really been two weeks since my last entry?  Guess I broke the cardinal rule of blogging (which I understand to be update daily and don't disappear).  Anyway I don't have any great excuses but I have been busy.  First of all, I've started watching the new HBO series Girls.  It's only ok so that's not a valid excuse.  More believable is that things have gotten considerably busier at work.  Thankfully, the China market appears to have a pulse again with increasing optimism that policy makers get their act together by the power transition on November 8.  And finally (and most exciting as I'm a HK property owner), the property market has gone nuts!  Prices have hit record highs and I've been bombarded with calls to show my flat.  Guess it's kind of the phenomenon happening in many major markets.  That would be the trifecta of:  cheap money, easier borrowing environment, and opportunistic investors (from around the globe) buying in hopes of collecting rent (yield).  All bodes very well for property.

Too hard to tell how long this can continue but jeez isn't it nice to hear people positive about property again?  It's been such a depressing topic for so long and everybody deserves a break.  Even this delinquent blogger!  
    

No comments:

Post a Comment