Friday, November 2, 2012

Vintage hits Asia

Anyone who knows me knows I'm a total sucker for vintage.  I'm obsessed to be honest!!  Well, perhaps I need to find a way to profit from it.  Long-considered stigma to go second-hand (and it kind-of still is), perception is starting to change here in Asia.  I have already started to see Lane Crawford carry vintage at some pretty impressive prices.  Likewise interesting article here.  I could actually see this working well in China.  Counterfeiting is an increasing problem and vintage is a great way sartorially savvy consumers can distinguish themselves.  Anyway it's wait and see but I'm a buyer.  Incidentally, if you need a good vintage contact, I'd go with Erin at Resurrection in LA.  She's the BEST!!   Tell her a HK-vintage addict sent you, she'll figure it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment