Thursday, May 24, 2012

Respond if you're rich!!

Off to Chicago this week.  Packing for this was tricky as the weather is totally unpredictable this time of year.  Guess I should be used to the 'unexpected' given current market conditions.

Hope US is in better spirits than China/Europe right now.  Interesting article here.  While I am a big believer in the retail consumer, and specifically conspicuous consumption, if we're starting to see markets roil, then our beloved luxury companies may be in for a reality check.  Logic is simple.  While the wealthy are more 'immune' spenders, they also derive a lot of their wealth from the stock market.  That said, if you're off 20% on your Facebook investment, you'll probably wait to splurge on your next Birkin.  Or maybe not.  I'm not 'wealthy' so I don't know but I would be happy to take your comments.

See you in a few!

No comments:

Post a Comment