Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Not a Daddy's Girl (Thank God!)

Ok, so I have been pretty proud of my own recently frugal ways, but my dad left me speechless yesterday.  Last year, my sister and brother-in-law bought my parents a health club membership to a new gym near their house.  To our delight, my dad has really taken to it.  He goes daily and even redeemed his two free personal training sessions that came with his membership.  I had actually been encouraging him to continue with a trainer, but knew he was unlikely to indulge like that.

Anyway, he just informed me that he gets 'Free Personal' Training.  His tactic is simple. Just follow your favorite personal trainers around the gym and just do the prescribed exercises.  Yes...this is no joke.  There is no typo here.  Could you even imagine?  Someone stalking/stealing alongside you as you're training.  I find this hilarious (as he's my dad) and mortifying (as someone who does employ the services of a trainer).

Point being: You would think given my money-saving genes, this season of Austerity should come easy.  It's not!!

No comments:

Post a Comment